WATCH: brand new 24/Stephen video highlights Stephen Harper’s “proudest moments”
SHARE this brand new 24/Stephen video with your family, friends and co-workers!
Take a look at this brand new 24/Stephen video!
With the longest election campaign in recent Canadian history is now under way, 24/Stephen takes a look back at some Conservative leader Stephen Harper’s proudest moments in the past session:
How many proud moments do you remember?
1. Tony Clement: Took $45.7 million from the G8/G20 Legacy Fund and spent it on gazebos, public washrooms and beautification projects nowhere near the event.
2. Nigel Wright: Harper’s former Chief of Staff $90,000 cheque to Mike Duffy.
3. Leona Aglukkaq: Ignored questions about people in her riding looking for food in a garbage dump, read the newspaper instead.
4. Peter MacKay: Turned the procurement of F-35 fighter jets into a fiasco.
5. Patrick Brazeau: Harper’s Senate appointee got himself into trouble, plead guilty to drug possession and assault.
6. Bernard Valcourt: At the release of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s report, the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs Bernard Valcourt would not stand during a standing ovation in response to a call for action on missing and murdered indigenous women.
7. Julian Fantino: “What the frig is wrong with that guy?” asked one veteran. Seriously.
8. Dean Del Mastro: Harper’s former ethics spokesperson convicted of election fraud.
11. Paul Calandra: Broke down in tears apologizing for giving irrelevant answers to the House of Commons questions on Canadian military action, although he said he would probably do it again.
PressProgress is powered by readers. Not by advertisers.
We’re not a corporate media outlet. We’re a small non-profit news organization that produces award-winning journalism with support from our readers.
If you see value in ad-free, non-profit journalism that holds powerful interests accountable, please consider making an investment in our work today.
Invest in Our Journalism